Food For Thought Antiques is Looking for a Fabulous Office Manager!
The Food For Thought Antiques Office Manager works as a collaborative partner with the Store Manager and Creative Director to optimize profitability and maintain smooth operation of the store. The Office Manager is responsible for performing and/or overseeing all administrative, organizational, and clerical tasks necessary for running the store, including recordkeeping, consignment and financial management, and volunteer coordination. On scheduled days, the Office Manager also works as a salesperson, welcoming customers, supervising volunteers and conveying the mission and spirit of the store. The position is non-exempt, 26-30 hours per week.
Food For Thought Antiques is owned and operated by Food For Thought with the goal of providing an ongoing source of income for our services. We sell donated and consigned merchandise ranging from European, American, and Asian antiques, vintage household items and artwork to garden art, architectural salvage and cool old rusty stuff. This position offers an opportunity to join a great staff and to work for an agency that has enjoyed an excellent reputation in the community for over 25 years.
Administrative and Financial Management
- Track and keep detailed, up-to-date records on store sales, consignments, donations, and estate sales
- Prepare bill payments and check printing, and understand all other aspects of financial management. Prepare deposits and fulfill banking duties at the request of the Store Manager. Track and report payroll when needed.
- Perform necessary computer tasks, including data entry, word processing spread sheet maintenance, and bookkeeping.
- Liaison with Food For Thought development staff to assure that marketing and communications deadlines are effectively met (website, emails, Facebook)
- Recruit and assign volunteers for all aspects of store operations and activities, in cooperation with the Food For Thought Volunteer Manager
- Match new volunteers with volunteer trainer and track training progress
- Schedule volunteers, ensuring that the store is fully staffed with qualified personnel
- On the days scheduled:
- Open and close the store
- Track working cash, record/balance daily sales records, close register
- Work as a “model” salesperson
- Supervise volunteers
- Interact with vendors and dealers
- Attend one Food For Thought staff meeting per month.
- Keep Executive Director apprised of all relevant store developments, problems, opportunities, and events.
- Participate in representing and supporting the mission of Food For Thought by working collaboratively with the Food For Thought staff and in emphasizing the connection of the store to the food bank.
Required Skills and Experience
- Three years of retail experience, including at least one in a management/supervisory role.
- Ability to use a cash register, and Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
- The physical ability to often lift and move up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, kneel or crouch, and to stand, sit, and walk through the store for prolonged periods of time.
- You must be a licensed driver and available to travel to fulfill the job description.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in the position, along with your résumé, to:
Ron Karp, Executive Director
Mail: Food For Thought, P.O. Box 1608, Forestville, CA 95436
Food For Thought is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LBGT individuals, people of color, and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply for this position.